It is true! You can actually get Visual Studio for free, in a legit way, and without using any unfair means like downloading a pirated copy of it over Torrent. It is actually very easy to get Visual Studio for free if you know the way. It may sound fishy right now, but when you read all over this article, I am pretty sure you would believe me that you can actually get it for free!
Before we go ahead any further, let me tell you that this is only for students, who want to learn using Visual Studio and develop application for the Windows Phone 8 or Windows 8. Microsoft will also allow you to publish your apps to the Store for free if you are a student.
Pre-Requisites for Getting Visual Studio for Free
Well, in order to get Visual Studio for free, you must have the following things:
- A Microsoft Account. If you don’t have an account yet, go ahead and create one. (This step is optional but recommended)
- A valid email address from your school or college. (a valid email address for a school or college is considered to be [email protected].edu )
- If you do not have a .edu email address, you need to have one of the following:
- A valid verification code from your School or college.
- A valid ISIC card.
These are the only two things you need in order to get Visual Studio for Free.
Steps to get Visual Studio for Free
The steps you need to follow in order to get your free copy of the Visual Studio are pretty basic and simple.
1. Go to the official Dream Spark website. Click here to go.
2. Now, click on students on the top navigation menu.
3. Scroll down until you see this text. Then click on create an account and fill out the form that comes on the next screen.
4. Now after you have created your account successfully, choose the method you would be using to verify your account. I will use the first option, to get verified through my school.
5. Enter your School name and click on continue.
6. Now, you will be asked to enter your official school email address. When you enter your email address, you will be sent a verification link at that email address, which you must click in order to verify your account.
7. Once you have verified your account, go back to Dream Spark Student Portal and sign in.
8. Now, click on Software catalog from the top menu.
9. Choose the software you want to download and just download it and install it.
Just remember that the software that you get from Dream Spark is valid only for your use and must not be distributed. It is valid only for a single installation on a computer. If you wish to reinstall it on a different computer, you must request for a new serial/license key and download the application again.
Keep subscribed to Slash Coding for more such awesome updates. We will share with you everything you need to know in order to code better and be recognised! And as always, you can contact me using the contact form for any questions that you may have or use the comments section below.