Deciding on a topic to develop Android Applications is a pretty tough thing to do sometimes. You really want to develop an application, but don’t have an Idea. I really have that feeling a lot of times. Thus, coming over my feeling, I tried making a list of applications you can make. I tried to keep these ideas to the level of all those things that we have already covered on Slash Coding Android Tutorials Section. If you missed those tutorials, here is a list of all the tutorials that we have already covered on this blog.
- Android Splash Screen for Multiple Screens Without 9 Patch Image
- Creating Your First Android Application
- Getting Started with Android App Development : Get your Tools Ready
- Learn the basic elements of Android Application Development
- And many more..
Let’s get started with the list that I have prepared.
Android Application Ideas for Beginners
- Equation Solver: A quadratic equation solver is an android application, which will take in the values of the coefficients of a standard equation, and solve it using the formula. It is required that you take proper care for the validation required in the application you develop. Every application will have a different validation and use. If you need to learn how to develop a Quadratic Equation Solver, head over to another tutorial that I wrote the other day. This is a tutorial to help you develop a Quadratic equation solver using C++. (Quadratic Equation Solver in C++)
- Metric System Converter: An application which will take in a value in a certain metric system and then convert it into another metric system. It could be anything like a length converter, weight converter or even an area converter. It will be a small application, but would enable you to work on different ideas.
- Binary Arithmetic: An application which will perform various arithmetic operations on binary numbers. It can be a helping hand for students who need to do this by themselves. You can provide them with an easy solution, your application to do the exactly same thing! This application would be something better than the previous one as it will involve you doing Binary Arithmetic yourself for some things!
- Base Converter: At times, engineering students need to convert numbers from various bases to others. It will involve converting numbers in decimal (base 10) to other bases or the other way round. This can be really helpful for students, and save them time doing these calculations themselves.
- Attendance Planner: At times, students miss classes and it is hard for them to maintain the minimum level of attendance in their school. This application would help them keep a track of their attendance and also alert them the classes they need to attend in order to reach their target attendance. This would be a great help to the students!
Well, these were the few ideas I had in mind for Android Applications. I myself would be working on some of these ideas in the future, when time permits. If you have any other brilliant ideas, you can share them with everyone else by leaving a comment below. You can also get in touch with me over various social media websites. You can find our Facebook Page here or also our Twitter account.